GRU Fast Facts
ENROLLMENT BY STUDENT LEVEL (FALL 2013)Total Students: 8,995
- New Freshman: 730
- Other Undergraduates: 4,924
- Ph.D.: 145
- Graduate/Professional: 2,814
- Medical & Dental Residents: 527
ENROLLMENT BY GENDER (FALL 2013)
- Female: 5,552
- Male: 3,443
DEGREES CONFERRED FY2013Total Degrees Conferred: 1,890
- Associate’s: 9
- One-Year Certificate: 9
- Bachelor's: 963
- Master's: 470
- Post-Master's Certificate: 12
- Specialist: 75
- Doctoral: 64
- First Professional: 257
- Post-Professional: 31
- NCAA Division II in 8 men's and women's team sports: basketball, baseball, softball, cross country, tennis, and volleyball
- Division I in men's and women's golf
- Member of Peach Belt Athletic Conference
- The men's golf team won their second consecutive national Division I championship in 2011, becoming the first team to win back-to-back titles since University of Houston in 1984-85
Playing and intramural fields; aerobics; indoor walking track; weight rooms; 18-hole golf course; club sports; co-ed rowing team; game and billiard facilities; and fitness center.
Provides a variety of educational programs including advanced computer training. Courses are open to all adults, regardless of educational background.
Georgia Regents University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) toward one-year and advanced certificates and degrees at the associate, bachelor's, master's, specialist's, first professional, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or phone at 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of GRU. All eligible academic programs maintain accreditation by the appropriate specialized accrediting bodies. The purpose of publishing the commission's contact information is to enable interested parties 1) to learn about the accreditation status, 2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution's review, or 3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquiries about GRU, such as admission requirements, financial aid, etc., should be addressed directly to the Georgia Regents University and not to the commission.
The information on this page has been provided by the Office of Institutional Research.
If you are looking for more facts and figures, please visit our new facts site, GR Facts.